Bloggers: For Media Kit, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Calder White lives in the cold, clear waters of Lake Superior, the only brother in a family of merpeople obsessed with killing Jason Hancock, the man they blame for their mother's death. To lure the aquaphobic Hancock onto the lake, the mermaids charge Calder with the task of seducing the man's daughter, seventeen-year-old Lily Hancock. "Get close to the daughter," they tell him, "and you'll get close to the family. Get close to the family, and you'll get close to the man. Get him out on the water. We'll take care of the rest."
But Calder screws everything up by falling in love. Now he's in the unenviable position of trying to love the girl while simultaneously plotting her father's murder. Suffice it to say, his sisters aren't pleased with his effort, and Calder's running out of time (and excuses).
THE LIES BENEATH PLAYLIST:
1. Kiss Off - Violent Femmes
2. Ain't No Rest for the Wicked - Cage the Elephant
3. Take Me Out - Franz Ferdinand
4. Please Do Not Go - Violent Femmes
5. Feel It Turn - Great Big Sea
6. Behind Enemy Lines - The Apers
7. Heroes or Ghosts - The Coronas
8. Time is Running Out - Muse
9. Cannonball - Damien Rice